Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cat, part 2

I've ranted before about my sociopath of a cat. The one who leaps out of nowhere and whacks me on the shins with his tiny forepaws. The one that comes up to me begging for attention, and then bites me and runs away.

His name is Singe, and he has a new favorite occupation.

Though it's not something I regularly talk about outside of my nerdy circle of friends, I game online. It's a great way to relieve stress. Usually, I'll play on Friday nights if I don't have anything else to do, and maybe one or two weeknights a month.

A few weeks ago, my husband and I redid our nerd-cave so that it was more gamer-friendly, and so we both had a little more leg-room. Unfortunately, we also moved the bookcase next to my computer, and Singe has used this to his advantage.

Since we moved the bookcase, Singe has taken every opportunity to jump up on one of the shelves and poke me in the back of the neck while I'm deeply involved in my game. I'll shoo him away, get back into the game... and there he is again. Poke. Poke. Poke. If I ignore him, he keeps doing it until it tickles so badly I can't stand it.

We've tried shutting the door, but then he just scratches and cries and flails his little paws under the door, like "Woe is me! If only I had thumbs, I could reach the knob and come poke you until you're convinced of my love!"

The problem is, when I do stop and try to pet him, he purrs for about three seconds, then his personality does a 180 and he bites me. It's like Jekyll and Hyde, I swear.

He's lucky I love him, because otherwise I'd have made him into a pair of mittens by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment