Thursday, February 17, 2011

Progress, and lack thereof

Every year, the paper I work for does a huge special section called Progress. Last year, our theme was tied into the Census, and we did most of our pieces about people in the community who were making a difference. This year, it's about spotlighting great organizations and businesses in the county. Our first deadline, for our medical section, is Friday. Guess who the medical reporter is.

Unfortunately, this year it's also coincided with the youth fair, another big event. Guess who the unofficial youth fair reporter is.

Combine all of that with the fact that my job is busy even without special sections and big events.

I've been so busy at work that by the time I get home, I don't want to so much as look at a keyboard. That's not to say I'm not still doing other things - right now, my main concern is world building. My plan is to sketch out a rough map so I can keep track of where all the cities, rivers, etc. are in the world I'm working on. It's certainly not something that's necessary, but it's definitely going to help me with continuity.

Project number two (We'll call its working title DH) is moving so much smoother than N2N. It feels as though I've learned from the mistakes I made in N2N that made me want to hit my head against the wall. I'm still having a lot of fun writing it. And I think that's what this entire process is all about.

Anyway, that's where I've been.

Time for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment